EDITOR’S NOTE: The following is from our monthly email newsletter. It consists of three quick “bullet points” updating you on various behind-the-scenes aspects of Belt of Truth Ministries. If you would like to receive these in your email each month, you can sign up here.
Ministry: In the past week or so, we officially hit the three-year mark for BeltofTruth.com. During that time, we’ve published 524 posts reaching almost 50,000 unique visitors in more than 40 countries. How wild is that!? When I first started this blog I had no idea if anyone would even read what I posted, but to see the impact it’s having three years in is mind-blowing to say the least. So thank you once again to all of you who are reading, sharing, and interacting with our content in various ways. Without you guys, I probably would have given up to pursue a career in coconut farming years ago.
Books: I was excited to hear Josh McDowell wanted a few cases of 10 Lies Men Believe About Porn to hand out at his inaugural Set Free Summit. I wasn’t able to attend this year, but I hear there were more than 850 pastors, counselors, and other folks attending who were all looking for ways to help others overcome porn addiction. In other words, exactly the people I want to know about 10 Lies. If you happen to be one of those folks who were there, hit me up and let me know how the conference went. Hopefully next year I’ll be there to hand out copies of 10 Lies in person.
Life: If you reading this newsletter on the day you receive it (May 1st), then you can assume I’m currently defending my new backyard Pirate Fort from my invading daughters. You see, today is my 36th birthday, and like most guys on the downward slope to 40, I asked for a swing set for my birthday. We found one with a built-in playhouse fort, so naturally I am claiming it as my “No Girls Allowed Pirate Fort.” After all, it is my gift. Eventually I’ll let my girls turn it into some lame princess castle, but at least for one afternoon it will be mine. In all seriousness, the swing set has always been for them. The gift I truly wanted was to see the look of joy on my daughters’ faces when they get to play on my their new swing set. After all, isn’t that what every Father wants?
Thanks again for your interest in (and support of) Belt of Truth Ministries. Don’t forget you can hit me up any time if you’ve got a question or need anything from me.
Until next month,
In Case You Missed It…
Here’s what we covered on the blog last month:
- Doubting the Resurrection | “I know many of you have doubts about this whole resurrection thing as well. Perhaps you’ve been looking at Jesus and wondering if it really is true—wondering if the life and freedom He promises is actually available for you.”
- And Now for Something Completely Different… | “For those of you who would like to see behind the curtain, please enjoy this virtual tour of the Belt of Truth World Headquarters…”
- Reader Q/A: How Do I Deal with Triggers? | “Unless you live in the Arctic, there’s no way to avoid triggers in today’s world, which means you need to develop a plan of what to do when it happens.…”
- Reader Q/A: Why is Pornography a Sin? | “You say pornography is a sin, but I don’t understand why. Why does God think it’s such a big deal? It’s not hurting anyone.…”
“Who You are in Christ” Posts
- You Have the Holy Spirit Living in You | “If you are struggling with sexual immorality, it’s not because you are still a slave to sin, it’s because you have forgotten who you are in Christ..”
- You Have Been Cleansed and Made Holy | “When you reached out to Christ to save you, He made you clean. It had nothing to do with your ability to clean yourself up or become a good person.”
- Your Value Has Been Confirmed by God | “The next time you feel flawed, worthless, or wonder if you even matter to God, remember how valuable you are truly are…”
- You can call God “Abba” | “Paul tells us in this verse that we don’t need to fear God as a slave owner. The image of a cruel, impatient, and demanding God is simply not true.”
- You Are an Heir to God’s Glory | “The moment you are adopted as a child of God through your union with Jesus, you become an heir to His glory. Your name is written into God’s will.”
- You Were Joined to the Lord | “Everything changed the moment I pledged myself to my wife on our wedding day. As wonderful as this has been, it is nothing compared to the eternal union we’ve received with Jesus.”
- You Have Received Wisdom from God | “True wisdom isn’t something you generate on your own. As Paul shows us in this verse, the source of wisdom is Jesus. God made Christ to be wisdom itself.”
- You Will Never Be Separated from God’s Love | “There is absolutely nothing in this world that will ever drive a wedge between you and God’s love.”